Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Gift ideas for a little girl

Wow Christmas is rapidly approaching and I feel as if I have nothing done! I have been trying to organize my Christmas list and sort out what items were to be purchased online, what items were to be purchased in store and what items were to be handmade. While doing this my mine wondered back to a gift we gave my step-daughter last year. She is very into all things American Girl Doll. Now for those of you who don't know, American Girl Doll is a very cute and even educational line of dolls, books and clothing for little girls ranging in age from 2yrs+. Although be prepared to get price tag whiplash!! They aren't cheap!

So back to the gift. My step-daughter wanted a cute little bed for her doll. But we really didn't see paying $145 for a doll bunk bed. Heck that was more than the doll!!

So I started searching Wal-mart and Target...and found this for $20+.

It came with some light pink boring bedding...so I purchased some small pieces of fabric that coordinated with my step-daughters bedding. I made small duvets, pillows and mattress covers. voila customized American Girl bedding! If you didn't want a white bed, a sweet little can of spray paint could fix that! I think all together I had $30 in this gift...It sure beats $145!

Happy Shopping and Merry Christmas!!

3 comments:

  1. The bed turned out so great, what a savings, I love it when you can duplicate and even make it better for less money,good jobl...come for a visit...I am a new follower of yours...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keuuuute! I love it. What a wonderful job you did on this little bed...I love the bright colors.
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brillant! I just love the fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropp'in by the cottage!