Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

New Trash...I smell a project!!



Just feast your eyes on these babies!! Hubby found them at work. Apparently they were used as packing material and instead of tossing them he brought them home.

Initially he had intended these to be for our 5yr old (for building toy bridges and racing cars through them, etc.). However, Mommy got'em first!! Don't think bad of me...Hubby had already brought like 10 of them home for the kiddo. So everyone is covered! ha ha

OK back to these lovely little things. What are they you might ask? These are chip board packing tubes (very heavy condensed cardboard tubes) and are about 1/4" thick...so not your average paper towel tube.

I have the most wonderful idea. It involves black paint, scrapbooking paper, Mod Podge and a cheapo lazy Susan. Give me a few days and I'll reveal their transformation!!

P.S. Doofus here forgot to turn the date function off...AGAIN!!

Talk to ya soon!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm...sounds interesting. I speak to my projects as well, but I'm not sure I would've called these things little lovelies. I'm sure I'll be eating my words and will be dumpster diving for some later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting project...can't wait to see what it is that you're dreaming up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropp'in by the cottage!